A Christmas Cuppa

My view as a I type away on this festive morning
Morning.

I'm currently on the sofa, surrounded by Christmas decorations, watching one of those new Christmas movies that's popped up on Netflix, featuring an American journalist and a European Prince (you've seen it, I know you have), with a cup of tea at my side.


A cup of tea at my side is my default setting. I'm rarely without one. So when Adagio Teas got in touch to ask if I wanted to try their tea I think I replied within about 30 seconds with a resounding YES!



A few days later a rather larrrrggeee box arrived, with all of this tea! I was expecting one or two samples - which I would have been more than happy with - and instead they sent me this amazing selection, a cup with an insert for stewing my leaves, and tea filters.

Before I talk about the tea, I have to pause on the cup here. It's genius. I've got teapots with removable tea filters, separate cup-sized filters, but never a cup with its very own filter. 
Life. Changer. 
I've used it pretty much every day since it arrived, except on the days when Sam pries it from my hands to be washed.

And on mornings when I'm feeling particularly extra, I fill up a few tea filters with tea, pop them in my handbag and use them throughout the day in work. Much easier than carrying a sachet of loose leaves and an infuser in my bag.



I've sampled pretty much every one of these teas, and they're all delicious. Inside each sample box are four sachets of loose leaf, with enough to make plenty of cups. Even with my hefty tea habit I've not yet used up a full sachet.

There are smoky flavours, soft peachy flavours, berry flavours and, my absolute favourite, a creamy, coconutty Earl Grey in the form of Earl Grey Bella Luna.

The Christmas tea is a spicy blend of cinnamon, cloves and orange, just the thing for a crisp winter morning.

Despite being overrun with tea, I'm already eyeing up a few more - chestnut tea anyone?






No comments