Style | Winter co-ords

SKIRT | TOP (BOTH COS)

Winter for me invariably means wearing several layers. Tights, thick socks, skirt, vest, top and jumper with a scarf, coat, hat and gloves piled on top. None matching. My idea of an ideal outfit is no more than three colours, including lipstick, so wearing 10+ items of clothing makes this very difficult indeed. Thankfully, the fashion world has suggested an alternative: the winter co-ord. The perfect grown-up answer to keeping cosy this winter.

Usually knitted, in a winter-friendly palette and keeping minimalism key, these are what I'm hankering after for this season. Ironically, this past fortnight I've invested in a full-length leopard print skirt and a mighty haul from the Morris & Co x H&M collection, so I've in no way followed my own suggestions here. Maybe next month.



SKIRT | TOP (BOTH ZARA)
I'd style these outfits with ankle boots in brown, tan, taupe, beige - all of the 70s neutrals for A/W 18. And very thick tights.

SKIRT | TOP (BOTH WAREHOUSE)
I'm not being strict with my definition of 'co-ord' here, similar colours would do, like in this outfit styled by Lucy Williams for Warehouse.

SKIRT | TOP (BOTH COS)

SKIRT | CARDIGAN (BOTH COS)


SKIRT | CARDIGAN (BOTH M&S)
Leopard print is a neutral. Don't @ me.

TROUSERS | TOP (BOTH & OTHER STORIES)
The flaw with the majority of these outfits is skirts mean cold legs. Skirts are definitely not for people who walk to work. On the other hand, big, thick cords are a cosy-gal's dream. I've already stocked up on cord skirts and pinafores for autumn, so super thick corduroy flares are the next step, right?

TROUSERS | BLAZER (BOTH & OTHER STORIES)

A corduroy suit is definitely on my to-buy list for the next season, despite having no need whatsoever for a suit in my wardrobe. But where's the fun in only buying what you need?

What will you be wearing this winter?








No comments